You can take orders and accept payments only if you have clocked in and have the right to perform cash register operations. Your terminal must also have an open cash register shift. This operation is performed by an employee with the corresponding rights (e.g. manager).
- Log in to the system by swiping your card or entering your PIN on the iikoFront start screen. This will open the advanced features window.
- Start your working shift by clicking Clock In. The date and time of the shift start will be registered with the system and displayed on the screen.
- Click OK in the shift start message. This will open the order processing window.
To register a new order:
- In the order processing window, find the required dish on the quick or main menu and tap on its name.
If necessary, you can find the dish or product by its quick code, SKU or barcode. For details, see Searching for a product or dish by barcode, quick code, SKU or name.
- The dish may contain mandatory / optional simple or group modifiers. The procedure for registering an order for such dishes is described in Order for a dish with modifiers.
- If the order includes several servings of the same dish, you can click the line with its name in the menu the required number of times, or use the “+” in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To delete a serving of the same dish from the order, select the dish and click “−”.
- To remove an order, select it and click “X”.
- If the order includes a non-standard serving of a dish, select it from the list and click 123. This will open a window where you can define the required serving size of the dish (enter the divider). For instance, if the order includes a half serving, set the divider to 0.5.
- A dish may be sold by weight. Order registering procedure for such dishes is described in Selling a dish by weigh.
- If a guest produces a discount card or is entitled to other discounts, click “%” and swipe the discount card or manually enter the discount amount by selecting it from the list. If you enter the discount manually, this operation shall be confirmed by the card of a responsible employee.
- After entering all order items, click Cash Register, this will take you to the payment window.
- In the payment window, click the button corresponding to the order payment method – cash, bank card, on the house (No revenue payment method) or non-cash payment.
Possible order payment methods can be set up in iikoOffice.
- If an order is paid in cash, click Cash, enter the amount received from the guest and click Pay. The cash register will print a fiscal bill and the order will be closed.
If configured in iikoOffice, then the dishes will be printed on the kitchen ticket at the time of payment.
- An order can be paid by a bank card. Make the transaction on a payment terminal designed for this, then in the iiko payment window, click Bank Cards, select the card type, enter the amount payable and click Pay.
- If an order is written off on the house, click No Revenue and, in the pop-up window, select the expenditure type – free meals for employees or performers, hospitality or gift certificates. Then write a comment on this operation in any form and swipe the card of a responsible manager (if configured for this type of payment).
- iiko can keep records on noncash payments. One of its type is write-off on credit. To accept one of these payment types, click Noncash Payment and specify the required type. Select the person with such a type advanced (this may be one of the employees or a guest registered with the system), then enter the amount and click Pay. This operation must be confirmed by swiping the card of the manager responsible for extending the credit.
- If a client produces a bonus card at the time of payment, you need to accrue bonus points to the card. For this, select the payment method on the cash register screen, enter the amount and swipe the bonus card of the client. The payment list will display the line with the bonus information. Click the Pay button and confirm the accrual of bonuses by swiping the card with the Confirm accrual of bonus points (F_APA) right. If everything is fine, the system will print a fiscal bill and bonus accrual bill.
If you do not have the right to accrue bonuses, click Cancel. The system will prompt you to perform the following: pay for an order without accruing bonuses or go back to the cash register screen. When you click Pay Without Bonus, this will print a fiscal payment bill and the bonus will not be accrued to the card.
When working in the payment screen, you can go back to the order window at any time and change it, for this click Back.
Processing an item with modifiers
Modifiers can be simple (e.g. With ice, With lemon) or group (e.g. for Caesar salad – Classic, With chicken, With shrimps). One or more modifiers can be selected for a dish, and it may or may not be mandatory. Their minimum and maximum quantity is set by the dish settings (in iikoOffice).
If a dish is assigned a mandatory modifier, when you add it to an order this will open the window with a list of possible modifiers along with the information on their minimum and maximum quantity. To add one or several of these modifiers, click the corresponding number of times in the line with their name, and then click OK. A line with the modifier name in italics will be added below the line with the dish name. When selecting a dish that has any optional modifiers, the top of the screen will display the buttons with the names of these modifiers. To specify the modifier, click the corresponding button.
You can use optional group modifiers to add guest wishes to the order. For instance, a guest might be allergic to bay leaf. You can add the Without bay leaf modifier to the dishes in their order. When processing an order, click the button with the name of the optional group modifier at the top of the screen and select the guest requirements from the list of modifiers.
For this, you must configure an optional group modifier (or several group modifiers, for instance, separate ones for hot dishes, cold dishes and drinks) in iikoOffice. It should include all possible guest wishes, for instance, “No salt”, “No pepper”, “Separate dressing”, “No vanilla”, “No whipped cream”, “Hotter”, “On one plate”, etc. This group modifier must be applied as optional to all dishes on the menu.
Selling an item by weight
When a dish is sold by weight, the size of portion is determined by guests. To enter this dish into the order:
- Select the dish from the full or quick menu.
- Click 123 in the bottom left corner. This will open the Enter quantity window where you should click Weighing Scales.
- If the weighing scales are in order, the window will display the weight of the dish in grams, otherwise the system will display an error message and the weight field will not be filled in.
- Click OK. Dish portion size will be displayed in the order line. Its cost will be calculated automatically based on the cost of a kilogram of that dish specified in its recipe.
If a failure occurs and the value is not displayed, it can be entered manually in the same window. This type of error can occur for one of two reasons:
- Weighing scales break down (in this case, the dish can be weighed on other weighing scales not yet connected to the system).
- Connection failure during data transfer from the weighing scales to iiko (then you can weigh the dish on the same scales and enter the value manually).
Register a cash deposit to the cash register the following way:
- In the order window, click and in the advanced menu screen, click Deposit Cash. This will display the window with the list of possible deposit types (configured in iikoOffice).
- Click the button with the selected deposit type.
- In the pop-up window, enter the deposit amount.
- In the new window, select the contractor which made the deposit and enter the deposit amount.
- Describe the reason of this operation in any form.
- Click Apply.
The process is similar for withdrawing money from a cash register. Withdrawal types are also configured in iikoOffice. Cash withdrawal can be limited (as well as the amount of deposited cash). The limit is also configured in the deposit/withdrawal settings in iikoOffice.
End of work
At the end of the working day, clock out. For this, select |Clock out. Click Yes when prompted to clock out. Clock out date and time are registered with the system and displayed on the screen. Click OK in the clock-out message. You will taken to the start screen used to log in to the system.
By default, one can clock out regardless of open orders. However, if Clock out while open orders exist is unchecked in the outlet settings, one has to close an order or transfer it to another waiter to clock out.
At the end of the working day, you need to shut down the working terminal directly from iiko. For this, in the Advanced Menu Screen, click Shut down terminal and, in the shutdown confirmation window, click Yes.
The permission to shut down the terminal is assigned to employees in iikoOffice.