We recommend you to familiarize yourself with the Working day of a cashier section, as it covers order entering and processing.
- Log in to the system by swiping your card or entering your PIN on the iikoFront start screen. This will open the advanced features window.
- Start your working shift by clicking Clock In. The date and time of the shift start will be registered with the system and displayed on the screen. Click OK in the shift start message. Only after opening your personal shift can you work in the system in accordance with your rights as defined by your position or granted individually. Advanced features will become available to you.
- Open a cash register shift (see Opening of a cash register shift).
Opening of a cash register shift
You need to open a cash register shift on each of the cash terminals where orders will be taken and paid.
- Log in to the system and go to advanced features window by clicking Adv. Click Open Cash Register Shift. This will open the Step 1 window which should result in printing a “zero” X-report. For this, click Next.
- In Step 2, make sure that the retrieved report is correct, that there are no posted receipts and confirm this by clicking Finish.
To go back to Step 1, click Back, to reprint the X-report, click Repeat.
||Availability of any posted receipts indicates an abnormal situation and means that a fiscal cash register is defective or operating procedures have been violated.
Refunding a receipt
Only a restaurant manager can delete (cancel) a cash register receipt and refund the cash subject to availability of the original receipt and the cashier who carried out the transaction. To perform this operation, you need the Refund receipt (F_STRN) right.
If a guest returns a product or a dish, you need to register a receipt return in iiko by doing the following:
- In the order taking window, click and then click Closed Orders. This will open a window with the list of orders closed in the current shift.
The Closed Orders button is available if you have the View closed orders (F_CLOR) right. You can go to this window by clicking Go to list of closed orders in the last closed order window (you can open it by clicking < in the order order window.)
- On the list, find the order for which you need to make a refund. For a quick search use the special bar located at the bottom of the window (to the right of the on-screen keyboard button). Enter any information specifying the desired order, such as the name of the employee registered the order, or a dish name. The list will only provide the orders which contain the specified sequence of characters.
- Click Partial Receipt Refund. Select the order for which you need to make a refund. When prompted to confirm the operation, click OK. Confirm the receipt return by swiping your card. The selected order will become open and the product write-off will be cancelled. You can see the order in the order processing window where it can be created and paid again or completely deleted.
The Partial Receipt Refund button is available if you have the Refund receipt (F_STRN) right.
|| If the original receipt is not available, you should not cancel a cash register receipt or make a refund.
Closing a till shift
At the end of the working shift, a manager together with a cashier closes a cash register shift on the cash register terminal.
To close a cash register shift follow this:
- In the order taking window, click and then click Close Cash Register Shift.
Some of the steps described below depend on the till shift closing settings in iikoOffice.
- Step 1 Check open orders If the terminal has an open order (dishes were keyed in, but no payment was made), then the screen will display an order information, such as the date and time of creating the order, order number, cashier name registered in the system, and order amount. Subject to iikoOffice settings, an open order can be automatically closed, transferred to the next cash register shift or forced to close by a manager.
- For forced closing, check Close? column opposite the orders. In this case, the cost of an order will be automatically written off on credit with a penalty to the cashier registered the order. To transfer an open order to the next cash register shift, do not check the Close? field.
- If you want to go to open orders and sort out the situation (pay for or cancel orders), click Order.
- To go to the next step, click Next.
- Step 2 Cash count control (mandatory step). Recount all the cash in the drawer and enter the amount in the Step 2 window. Click Next. This will perform cash count control followed by a message on whether the amount that you have entered matches the amount which must have been left in the cash register. If the amounts do not match, recount the cash in the drawer again and re-enter the amount. If the amounts match, you will see the corresponding message. Click OK.
This will require the Cash count control and view X-report (F_XR) right.
- Step 3 Reports One can print out the required reports: sales reports, dish flow, dish sales, etc. For this, select reports by clicking their names (this will place a tick to the left of them) and click Print. The default set of printed reports can be configured in iikoOffice.
To print the reports, you will need the View reports in iikoFront (F_VRPT) right.
To go to the next step, click Next.
- Step 4 Cash withdrawal View and print Z-report. The report includes full information on operations performed on the cash register during a shift. It is run one time at the end of a shift, when money is taken from the cash register. The Z-report clears fiscal memory counter in the cash register or the shift total.
Withdraw large denomination banknotes from the cash register and leave a small amount of change for the next shift (if provided for by the FCR model), and enter the withdrawn amount (if the Enter withdrawn amount setting is configured in iikoOffice). If the withdrawn amount exceeds the cash register balance registered by the system, iiko will issue a warning. Click Close shift and swipe your card.
To to collect cash, you need the Authorize cash deposits and withdrawals (F_APIO) right.
- Step 5 Revision of shifts.
All out of schedule shifts will be automatically closed in this step by default. Subject to the till shift closing settings customized in iikoOffice, a manager can force personal shifts of employees to close (including their own) by specifying the date and time of closing, or transfer the shifts to the next cash register shift.
To force personal shift closing, click in the empty Close? field. This should display the Close caption.
To transfer an open personal shift to the next cash register shift, do not check the Close? field.
To force personal shifts closing, you need the Force clock-out (F_KIS) right.
To go to the next step, click Next.
- Step 6 Shutting down the terminal
After closing cash register shift, the terminal will not shut down but lock by default (you will be taken to the login screen). You can specify terminal shutdown at the discretion of the manager or always after closing a cash register shift.
To shut down the terminal, you need the Shut down the terminal (F_CST) right.
The ability to work with closed orders is defined by the following rights:
- Automatically close orders on credit when closing shift (F_ACO). If this right is disabled and you have selected one or several orders to be closed, then, when you click Next, you have to confirm the operation by swiping a card with this right.
- Transfer tables without check to the next cash register shift (F_CSUUO). If this right is disabled and the list has orders without checks and with the Do not close function selected, then, when you click Next, you have to confirm the operation by swiping a card with this right.
- Transfer any tables to the next cash register shift (F_CSUO). If this right is disabled and the list has orders with the Do not close function selected, then, when you click Next, you have to confirm the operation by swiping a card with this right.
F_CSUO right overrides F_CSUUO: if you have the right to transfer any tables, then it does not matter whether you have the right to transfer tables without checks or not.
End of work
To register the end of work with iikoFront properly, you must:
- Close a cash register shift on each cash register terminal (see Closing of a cash register shift).
- Clock out. For this, open the advanced features window by clicking and click Clock out. Clock out date and time are registered with the system and displayed on the screen. Click OK in the shift closing message.
- Click Lock Terminal. You will taken to the start screen used to log in to the system.
At the end of a working day, you need to shut down a working terminal directly from iiko. For this, in the advanced menu screen, click Shut Down Terminal and, in the shutdown confirmation window, click Yes.
To shut down the terminal, the user must have the F_CS right. Terminal shutdown is not related to clock out.