This section contains frequently asked questions that may arise when you start working with iikoRMS. Each question is followed by a short answer and links to other sections of this Guide which contain detailed information on the topic.
- Has the cashier handed over the revenue correctly (accepted the cash register shift)?
To check the revenue raised as of the previous day, select Retail Sales | Till Shifts in the menu. For details.
- How many suspicious dish deletions happened during the previous shift?
To retrieve this information, please go the Event Log (Retail Sales) and the Bill Report (Retail Sales | Till Shifts).
- How do I find out the average bill amount for a particular month?
For this, select Reports (Retail Sales) | Average Bill Report. For details.
- Who is the sales leader among the staff?
See Revenue by Waiter Report to see this information. To acquire the report, select the required shift in Retail Sales | Till Shifts, right-click it (or click Actions) and select Reports | Revenue by Waiter.
- What is the best selling dish?
Select Reports (Retail Sales) | Sales Report for Period. Set the period dates, click Update and sort by the Quantity column. For details.
- How do I create a new dish in the system?
You need to add a new item to the stock list reference book (under Inventory Management in menu) and set all the parameters on the tabs corresponding to this dish.
- How do I create a new product in the system?
Add a new item to the stock list reference book and set all the parameters in the tabs for this product.
- How do I create a modifier and assign it to a dish?
Create a modifier as a new item in the stock list reference book, and then configure the dish to which this modifier is assigned.
- How to arrange happy hour offer in the system?
Mandatory group modifiers are the most convenient way to set up happy hour.
- How do I add a dish recipe?
The Recipes tab in a dish's stock list card allows you to do this.
- How do I set the price?
The sales price for an item can be set on the Main Properties tab of the stock list card or with an order to change the price list.
- How do I calculate the nutritional value of a dish?
To do this you need to enter the nutritional values of all the components of a dish. Specify its cooking method in the dish card on the Nutritional Value tab and click Calculate.
- Why do I need orders on changes in price list?
Orders on changes in price list (Price List) are designed to set prices for products on sale, put dishes and products on sale and discontinue them. These orders are useful if the content and prices in the price list change frequently or impact many items.
- My outlet has just started working with iiko. How do I enter the initial balance?
You can use a purchase invoice to enter the initial balance or an inventory reconciliation document. But to enter the cost of your goods and dishes, use a purchase invoice to enter the balance.
- How do I turn a purchase invoice in?
Please see page 106 for detailed instructions on how to turn a purchase invoice in with the system.
- How do I transfer goods from one storage to another?
Use an Internal Transfer document for this. For a guide on creating this document.
- How do I write off products?
Use a Write-off Record to write off products from storage. For details.
- How do I create a sales order?
A sales order is created automatically on the basis of sales data registered in Front. For details.
- We had performed an inventory reconciliation in the kitchen at 6 a.m. today. How do I enter its results correctly?
Create an Inventory Reconciliation document with the date preceding the balance calculation date. For instance, if you performed an inventory reconciliation at 6 a.m. on September 15, then specify 14.09 11:59 p.m. as the date in the corresponding document. For detailed instructions on how to create an inventory reconciliation document.
- How do I find out the amount of goods which should currently be in the storage?
Select Reports (Inventory Management) | Storage Balance in iikoOffice. For details.
- I perform an inventory reconciliation twice a month, on the 1st and the 15th, before the outlet opens. How do I find out the actual cost?
If the inventory reconciliation is performed before opening of an outlet, it should be entered with a previous date (the 14th, in this example) and the time set at 11:59 p.m. Then open the Detailed Turnover Balance Sheet report (Inventory Management or Reports in menu), and specify a period that starts on the first day of the month and ends on the 14th, and click Update. The total value of the Balance at start column should be summed up with the Receipt cost, then you need to subtract the total amount specified in Inventory at end column.
This report can only be created after all purchase invoices have been entered into the system.
- What do I do if there is negative storage balance?
Errors in recipes, incorrect setup of production place types or errors in recording goods as received are most likely reasons for a negative storage balance being shown. For details.
- How do I employ a new staff member?
You need to register them in the system, assign them certain permissions and set their system access parameters: card number and/or PIN (for iikoFront), or system name and password (for iikoOffice). For details.
- How do I calculate staff wages?
Wages can be calculated on the basis of the rate specified in an employee's card, shift rate, actual worked hours, taking into account all penalties, bonuses and advance payments issued.
- How do I set up an employee schedule?
To set up an employee schedule, go to Employees | Schedule in the menu.
- How do I see who has been late for work?
To enable the system to record late arrivals to work, a schedule must be set up for them. If an employee is late, a corresponding cell in the Attendance Log (Employees in the menu) will be highlighted in red.
- What penalties and bonuses have been assigned to employees?
This information can be retrieved from the Penalties Accrued and Bonuses Accrued reports (under Employees item).
- What do I do if an employee forgot to record their check-in/check-out time?
This operation must be performed as soon as possible, and then the employee's work hours for that day must be edited in the Attendance Log (under Employees item). For details.
- How do I account for staff catering?
If staff catering is free of charge or charged at food cost, a special payment type can be set up to write off such meals. If staff catering is charged at sales prices, an On credit payment type can be used, as well as an Employee's Personal Report (under Employees or Reports in the menu).
- What parameters do I need to set when I start working with iiko?
To avoid difficulties correcting data at the start of your journey with iiko, please specify the following parameters:
- VAT rates (in the stock list card of goods and dishes)
- production place types (dish preparation chart in outlet settings)
- dish recipes can be entered post factum; however, do not forget to specify the recipe's validity period start date before the start of real sales.
- What do I do if we have launched the solution and the production place types have been configured incorrectly?
If this happens, you need to edit the sales orders which have been created automatically. Each write-off storage must have its own document. For example, all write-offs have been performed from the kitchen, while some dishes should have been written off from the bar. Copy a sales order from the kitchen storage, specify the bar as a write-off storage in this document, and delete the dishes produced in the kitchen from the document. Then delete the bar dishes from the sales order for the kitchen. For more details.