Positions define basic set of permissions in the system, their work schedule, and their default wages. Therefore, first, you have to create and set up the positions, and then register employees. Upon the registration, an employee will be vested with the permissions and other features of the assigned position.
There is a standard set of positions in iikoRMS which is available after installation of the system. If necessary, preset positions can be edited, or new ones can be created.
In order to create a new position:
- Go to Employees | Reference Books | Positions.
- Click the Add in top left-hand corner. The Create position window will open.
- In the Full name and Short name fields, enter the full and short (three or four characters) name of the new employee position.
- Set a schedule for employees holding this position. If the "By schedule" (set by default) option is selected in the Work Schedule field, then only the hours worked within the employee's assigned schedule will be accounted. In this case an automatic penalty will be accrued for delay (if penalties have been defined).
When working on a free schedule, the actual check-in and check-out times of employees register in Front will be accounted.
If the "Wages" option is selected, then all check-in shifts within the schedule will be accounted for an employee in this position, as well as no shows as per sick leaves, vacations, etc.
- To be able to create a temporary card for employees holding such position, check Can work with substitution card. To avoid misuse, do not enable such feature for import positions, like Manager.
- In case a store operates strictly according to schedule (Strict accordance to schedule is checked in the outlet settings), then an employee granted the “Confirm the work at a position out of schedule” (F_CWAUS) permission has to swipe their card to select a position with no shift assigned. To enable employees select a position with no shift assigned in the schedule without confirmation of the F_CWAUS permission, check Does not require confirmation for non scheduled work.
- In the Wages and Advance Payment fields you can set fixed amounts paid out to employees holding this position. The Wages field can only be filled in if a "By schedule" or "Wages" schedule is specified.
- If the "Wages" work schedule is set, then the Time Rate field will be unavailable for input and its value will be equal to the employee's wages divided by their average number of working hours per month.
If "By Schedule" or "Flexible" work schedule is set, you can specify fixed hourly rate in the Time Rate field.
If fixed monthly wages is applied for employees with this position, and the average working hours per month are set in the wages accounting settings (Outlet Settings, Daily Performance Record), then the time rate for an employee will be calculated as follows:
Time Rate = Wages/Average number of working hours per month.
Let's say an employee's wages are £1000. 120 working hours are set in the daily performance record settings. Then the time rate will be equal to €1000/120 hours = €8.33/hour.
- If necessary, add information about the position being created (Position Comment field) and click Save.
In order to edit a position's properties, select it in the list and double-click it. In the window that opens, make changes using recommendations described in the previous paragraph.
However, changes will only be applied to new employees holding this position. Settings for this position willing remain the same for already registered employees.