This report provides information on changes in stock balance and cost of a particular stock list item for a set period of time.
|| Since only booked in and used items can have any stock balance, this report refers to the goods, purchased prepared components and items with the “Ready Item” write-off method.
To open the report, select Goods flow in the Reports or Inventory Management section of the main menu. You may also run this report while in the “Storage balance” report and other storage documents like an invoice, internal transfer and write-off record. In this case, the goods flow is shown only for those storages that have been specified in the original document.
To create the report, select the product in question in the Product field, specify the storage, and set the period in the For period, from and to fields and click Update.
If you have introduced any changes in the report parameters, click Update to apply them.
You can set the data display mode in the View field. Options are available subject to the accounting method selected on the Accounting Settings tab in the Outlet Settings:
- If the Moving Weighted Average is selected, only the Tabular View is available for the Goods Flow report.
- The FIFO method makes the Tabular View and the FIFO Details (by the product write-off order) available.
The table provides the following items for any operation that changes the item stock balance:
- Date – date and time of the document registration according to which this operation was recorded in the system.
- Document Type – name of the document.
- Document No. – number under which the document was registered in the system.
- Correspondence – name of the item's supplier according to a purchase document or a name of the meal containing the item that was written off.
- Product – name of the item.
- Storage – name of the storage, the item’s stock balance change was registered at.
- Consumed – quantity of the product written off from storage according to the document.
- Received – quantity of the product as entered into the books and received in storage according to the document.
- Stock Balance – total quantity of the item as registered in storage once the operation was completed.
- Unit Cost – cost of a unit in storage.
- Cost – total cost of the item in the operation in the primary currency.
- Stock Balance Cost – cost of the item stock balance in the primary currency after the operation has been completed.
Subject to the document type, report lines may have a different color. An expenditure invoice may have a blue color, a purchase invoice - green, cooking record - orange, etc. Red color means that there are negative stock balances in the document.
When the data is displayed using the FIFO method, the system shows a list of receipt operations corresponding to the product quantity written off during each write-off operation. If you have written off goods supplied in different batches and at different prices, the final cost of the product in the write-off operation will be computed as the weighted average value.
From the goods flow report, you can access any document which registers any operation to view and edit its data. For this, double-click the row with the required operation and select Open document in the shortcut menu to view and edit this document.
In this report, you can view all the receipt and expenditure operations with a certain product, item or prepared component in any storage as well as across the entire chain for the reporting period. For this, you can use the printed Consolidated Goods Flow Report form by selecting Actions > Consolidated Goods Flow Report.
One is able to invoke goods flow reports from the shortcut menu of an invoice, internal transfer or write-off record. The Goods Flow report can also be opened from the shortcut menu of the Storage Balance report. The goods flow is provided only for those storages that were specified in the original document.